LOGISTICS NETWORK OPTIMISATION
SCALA Logistics Consultants evaluate, design and develop optimised supply chain and logistics strategies, driving logistics improvements to achieve competitive business advantage for our clients.
SCALA combine direct practical operations management experience with expertise in logistics network modelling and simulating alternative approaches.
This ensures the development of practical and achievable supply chain infrastructures that are cost effective and will successfully support the business, providing resilience, environmental sustainability and agility to meet future potential requirements.
For complex evaluations we use AIMMS, a software system for optimising supply chains at global or national levels.
This combination provides our clients with
- Evaluations of a range of supply chain and logistics infrastructures
- Understanding of all the business implications from suppliers through to customer service:
- Quantifications and Optimisation of Total Logistics Costs
- Understanding the impact of different Customer Service levels
- Quantifications of Environmental Impacts
- Evaluations of a Range of Potential Future Scenarios
- Understanding the risks and exposure to uncertainty including Contingency Recovery Options
- Annually Quantified Roadmaps from current networks to planned future networks
- Financial Business Cases including Resourcing, Costs, HR, Systems etc
SCALA’s evaluations range from maximising the potential of existing networks through to “Centre of Gravity” assessments and evaluating options that look at alternative structures from suppliers, manufacturing, transport, warehousing through to customer delivery.
Example SCALA Case Studies range from Global “End to End” Supply Chain strategies through to In-country Optimisations.