SUPPLY CHAIN BEST PRACTICE
SCALA works with our Grocery, FMCG, Home Appliance and Homeware forum member clients to ensure that, in a perpetually changing marketplace, their supply chain and logistics operations embrace the most optimal practices within the industry to achieve leading cost and customer service performance.
Our Best Practice Mission
- Promoting industry innovation and new ways of working
- Sharing learning and experience
- Benchmarking, supply chain, logistics, cost and service performance
- Increasing operational effectiveness and performance
- Driving supply chain and logistics sustainability
- Enhancing efficiency through collaboration
- Reducing regulatory and commercial risk
- Facilitating cross company training and staff development
Under strict codes of conduct, SCALA Consulting facilitates the sharing and learning of Best Practice across a wide range of high profile major food, drink, FMCG, Homeware and Home Appliance suppliers and their customers alike through a combination of quarterly meetings, benchmark KPI comparisons, and web-based networking across the group. Typical group discussions include:
- Marketplace and customer service developments
- Supply chain and logistics management and optimisation
- Cost, service, and performance benchmark comparisons – over 40 KPIs including primary transport, warehousing, stock policies, product availability, customer delivery, and service
- Workshops on improving logistics, processes, service, and efficiency
- Collaboration opportunities with other suppliers
- Guest retail presenters from ASDA, Sainsburys, Tesco, Morrisons, Waitrose, The Cooperative Group, Argos, AO.com and John Lewis.
- Expert industry speakers on sustainability, S&OP, Demand Driven, product availability, automation, 3PLs, transport collaboration, waste management and data usage.