Background & Brief
This client comprised a consolidated group of grocery manufacturers. Each company within the group was managed autonomously but the group wished to review the potential for logistics synergies.
A SCALA team worked very closely with a Steering Group representing each of the businesses. Key stages in the project included:
- Benchmarking current activities
- Identifying the opportunities versus “Best Practice”
- Modelling the optimum solution
- Assessing the barriers to achievement
Benefits & Results
The review provided a quantitative assessment of the development options and delivered:
- Quantification of the “Big Fat Hairy Audacious Goal” – equivalent to a 30% logistic saving
- A logistics vision with a roadmap to deliver cost benefits of 18%
- The ability to provide significant customer service enablers
This quantified vision enabled the group to make progress towards corporate synergy despite a wide range of barriers, current contractual requirements, current “stranded costs” and differing business cultures within the group.
the company agreed the vision and chose a controlled and relatively risk-free development roadmap based on individual companies taking their own decisions.